Windward Coast Emergency Preparedness Fair Steering Committee Meeting
Date: March 6, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm. – 7:30 p.m.
Place: Kailua District Park Arts & Craft Room
1. Call to order
2. Announcements/New Business
a. Logistics/ Exhibit Set Up Committee – Clem, Marc, Travis, Marie, Steven
(1) Prepare for meeting with Windward Mall Management- Clem Lead Person
Meeting scheduled March 7, 2019, 1p.m. – 2p.m.
- Notify Management about the number of Steering Committee Members attending the meeting.
- Cost/ Fee to use Windward Mall Facility
- Map out exhibits – inside and outside of Mall
- Estimate the number of tables and chairs for vendors
- Stage/ Microphone/Speakers, etc.
- Liability Insurance, Any additional requirements from Mall Management?
- Other items?
(2) Vendors participating in the Fair – as of February 28th received 19 response(s):
- 17-Yes: HPD, HFD, ARC, FSBS& DOH Disability, VOAD, HE, HHS, HELP, NOAA, US Coast
Guard, MCBH-Kaneohe, HI-EMA, NH Commission Office, DEM RACES, ARES, Office of
- 1-NO – DTS/The Bus
- 1-Will get back: EMS
- 37 invitation letters sent out
NOTE: A #2 notice to remaining vendors requesting their response will be sent out – mid-March,
b. Marketing Committee- Claudine, Flora, Susie, Janice
(1) Flyers ready for distribution.
Discuss the cost of printing, size of posters, who will be distributing, etc.
(2) Follow up with Liability Insurance coverage by Chinatown Lions Club
(3) Other discussion – Provide food/gift card for vendors?
c. Program Committee – Janice, Bill, Claudine,
(1) Plan program for the event- Master of Ceremony?, Confirm entertainers.
- Kahaluu School Ukulele Group? Kaneohe Senior Citizens Hula Group? MCBH Musical
Unit- 2/28 application request form submitted/awaiting a response from Master Gunnery Sgt.
(2) Prizes – discussion
4. Next meeting April 2019 – Date/ Time/ Place